Marital Status: Married, father of two children.
EPT, BP 743, La Marsa 2078,
Telephone: (216 1) 77 46 11 / (216 1) 74 85 77 /( 216 9) 33 28 18
Fax: (216 1) 74 88 43
- Director of the Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (EPT) .
- Prizewinner of His Excellency the President of the Republic for the Baccalaureate - Mathematics, 1975.
- Order of Merit of Education, awarded by His Excellency the President of the Republic, July 1996
- Diploma in Engineering from the Ecole Polytechnique, Paris in 1979 and the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, Paris in 1981.
- Doctorate in Applied Mathematics and State Doctorate in Mathematics obtained respectively in 1981 and 1986 at the University Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI.
- Assistant Professor at the Université de Technologie de Compiègne from 1982 to 1984
- Research work mission at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Paris, from 1984 to 1988.
- Scientific Adviser at Hutchinson Company, Paris, from 1987 to 1992.
- Associate Professor, then Professor, in Applied Mathematics at Ecole Nationale d' Ingenieurs (ENIT), Tunis from 1988 to 1999.
- Head of the Civil Engineering Department at the ENIT, from 1989 to 1993.
- Professor in Applied Mathematics and in Continuum Mechanics at EPT since 2000.
- Director of ENIT in 1995.
- Director of EPT ( Polytechnic School of Tunisia ) since 1995
- Author of several scientific articles and papers published in specialized international journals as well as of several presentations delivered in various conferences in the fields of Applied Mathematics, Mechanics and Civil Engineering
- Editor-in-Chief, from 1995 to 1998 of the journal "Les Annales Maghrebines de l'Ingénieur", published by ENIT
- Supervised several engineering graduation (end of studies) project reports and post-graduate dissertations both in France and Tunisia.
- Supervised and guided doctoral theses in Applied Mathematics, among which, theses prepared by : Hachemi Ben Dhia, ParisIV, 1986; Karim Gribaa, Paris IV, 1993; Louis Filipe Menezes, Coimbra, Portugal, 1989; Henda El Fekih, ENIT, 1994; and in Civil Engineering: Hedi Shili, ENIT, 1993.
I was visiting Professor at Rutgers University, U.S.A, for 1 month in 1993.
I managed several National Research Projects and projects within the framework of international collaboration:
- Numerical Methods for Mechanics and Physics : project jointly funded by DGRST-CNRS with the Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées de l’Ecole Polytechnique, Paris, (CMAP), from 1993 to 1996.
- Numerical Models & Methods for Fluid Mechanics and the Transport of Particles: this project is run under the Comité Mixte de Coopération Universitaire, (CMCU), with Laboratoire MIPS, UPS Toulouse, from 1996 to 1998.
- Impact of Defects in Real Composites on their Homogenized Properties: a DGRST-CNRS project carried out with CMAP since 1998.
- Hydrodynamic Interaction in Suspension Systems: a CMCU project with the Research Unit PMMH at Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielle,Paris since 1999.
Member of the Société de Mathématiques
Appliquées et Industrielles en France (Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society in
- Member of la Société Astronomique de Tunisie (Tunisian Astronomy Society).
- French (Proficient)